Thursday, January 29, 2015

TOY JOY


Today post may be a little different than my usual content, but it's good to switch things up every once in a while. While I always like to recommend you guys good places to eat or sight see, I also want to tell you where you can have fun as well. And today a little about one of those unconventional fun places. Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe it won't be as unconventional, maybe you do such a thing on a regular basis.  What exactly am I talking about?!

A toy store.

Yes, a toy store, because being almost 25 doesn't mean you are no longer a kid. 
Because dressing up is fun. Because laughing is contagious and because we need it. 

I have to admit when our friend Eric (yet another wonderful host on our couchsurfing adventure) suggested we go to a toy store, I thought, ummmmm, OK. Just OK. And boy was I wrong. This outing turned out to be so much fun, I'm smiling right now just thinking about it. It was probably special to me because it was something that I don't usually do when I'm briefly visiting a new city. So there it is, a new experience in my book. 
Now take a look yourself and when you're in Austin, definitely go check out

TOY  JOY.

(More info about a store HERE)
403 W 2nd Street 

Oh, and don't forget: KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD.


My friend Maja didn't choose these glasses by an accident. In 1970s in Poland, we had this very popular cartoon about a honeybee named Maja. And yes, you guessed it, my friend was named after her.


Texas Ranger.


Those babies are not weird, right.... ?


A special mug for unicorn lovers.


Keep Austin weird.

Love,





1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...